"I didn't allow peer pressure to get to me" says faculty of Social Sciences Best Graduating Student, Adedeji Olushola Michael.

 


Aboluwarin Oluwatamilore Grace.

Can we meet you?

My name is Adedeji Olushola Micheal. I'm a first class (let me hype this thing a little, definitely saw hell) graduate of Economics, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife.


What made you pursue a degree in this course?

Initially, I didn't want to study Economics. My mum used to insult her brothers that studied Economics that they are stingy and they ended up selling cars. I wanted to study International Relations then. I got into PD and some of my friends saw my contact scores and they were like *"bro, why you wan waste high score nao..pick Economics*". I picked Economics and that was one of the best decisions I've ever made because I fell in love with it.


What was your biggest challenge in all your years of schooling and how were you able to overcome it?

Sorry, I had many challenges. I can't even pick one but thank God for prayers and good friends. Honestly, I knew what worked best for me. I didn't allow peer pressure to get to me. People that know me well definitely know I play a lot but I get really serious during tests and exams


What was your favourite course and who's your favourite lecturer?

Favourite course??? I don't think I have one. If I said I , I would be lying but I definitely don't have a favourite. 

I have a very good relationship with all the lecturers actually. I definitely enjoyed all of them. 


How were you able to build strong relationships among you and your peers and also balance the social life?

Strong relationships?? It came naturally. I laugh a lot with people, play with them, play ball with the boys, hangouts too. The only time you would see me frown or worried on campus then was if I made a mistake in an exam (my friends hated getting close to me during that period... everything changed in final year sha). 

God definitely helped with the social life and academics thing. I honestly don't know how He does it but I always cope. I played a lot during the semester but I could count the number of classes I missed ( I was always attending classes). I usually get extremely serious whenever exams come. That's where knowing what works best for you comes in.


How does it feel to be the Best graduating student of the faculty of Social Sciences?

It feels really great but it definitely comes with a lot of pressure (I really love my things low-key). Like I always tell people, I have a lot of brilliant students as friends (my department and other departments in the faculty) and they've all helped me in various ways (maybe during exams or other events). So, I'm just ONE OF THE BEST STUDENTS. 


Give a hint to success to those striving for first class.

This hint isn't only for people striving for first class but for every undergraduate reading this. Know what works best for you. Because your friend goes to the library everyday doesn't necessarily mean you should do the same. If the library works for you, stick to it. If it doesn't, stop and find what works best for you. Pray, work smart, and ask people questions (very important! Trust me, many people have the answers and solutions to those challenges you are facing).

To those in first class and those aiming for it, keep doing your best, be calculative and very smart. Also, ask people questions (I'm begging you).


We shall all meet at 

the very top.

Thank you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WELCOME FRESHMEN TO THE FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCE. OAU.

FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES RECORDS VICTORY AGAINST FACULTY OF EDUCATION AT A NOVELTY FOOTBALL MATCH.